Monday, August 10, 2009

Baptized into Christ




Judah Gerard Pometto
Born: June 2, 2009
Baptized: August 9, 2009







Last night, Judah Gerard Pometto was Baptized into the family of Christ. As his godmother, I found myself waiting for it to begin, suddenly nervous. This beautiful bouncing baby boy is now my spiritual charge. I have been entrusted to bring him forward in prayer. It is a new opportunity to offer my sufferings to the Lord, that they may be put to better use.

I hope that the Lord will renew my spirit each day that I my small sacrifices would enrich Judah's life.

As Judah's older brother Roman expressed during the ceremony:
The water was poured over Judah's head in baptism, Roman,
watching this says
"Want the water? Want water on your head."
Ruth Ann patiently reminded Roman that "You've already done this."
Roman perks up and reaches once again for the baptismal font "Want to do it again?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment