Friday, May 22, 2009

Little Roman?


Doors are not enough for an ingenious mind.

I put my nephew, Roman, to bed a little while ago. A practice that I quite enjoy, particularly the antics of climbing out of bed just to see how far down the hall he can get. I played the game myself, many years ago.

Roman and I are buddies. I make up games just to get him to fall on the floor laughing. Though he's becoming increasingly harder to entertain, he has one of those ingenious minds.

  • I used to be able to make him laugh by saying a word... like "floppy." Believe it or not, he and I laughed for an entire afternoon because of that word.
  • Then there was the day that I did basketball drills for an hour. Very good for fitness.
  • Another great game was named "Urch" where I would pick Roman up and run as fast as I could and suddenly turn around saying "Urch!"
  • Then it developed into a version of hide and go seek... where if I could run fast enough to hide myself I would sneak up and surprise him when he ran past my hiding spot.
  • After that, I'd run away and he'd follow me, so it turned into a game where I basically ran back and forth.
  • NOW I'll hide and he'll forget that I'm hiding...

It's time to make up a new game.

2 comments: