Friday, March 18, 2011

Living Life


I am the gate, if anyone enters through me he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy, I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:9-10

I know some of you have been waiting to hear what I have decided to do for Lent. Simply put, I have decided to Live Life!

If you're like me, you pause and wonder at that statement. It may not be a list of specific things I'm giving up and another list of things I'm adding into my day, but this Lent I choose to live. I've decided that it's my goal, but I'm still discovering what that means. It's part of my journey through the desert.

Last Lent I mentioned that the desert was a place where God calls us to himself and renews us. It's a place of temptation and victory, a place of granted promise and an intimate place God can speak words of truth to us.

Taking that with me more deeply this year, I am confronted with life itself. Do the daily choices I make lead me to live life abundantly? Probably not. Lent, itself is a journey. It's not about succeeding the first day, but challenging yourself to constantly grow throughout the 40-days.

Some things I've seen the need to work on:
  • Waking up in the morning! so I can go to Mass early instead of late when I'm tired.
  • Giving more time to God in prayer each day.
  • No more tv-shows on my lap top in the evenings.
  • And so much more.

Praying for everyone's Lent, please pray for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment