Thursday, November 26, 2009

One Month Reflections


We’ve been here at Eagle Eye just over a month now. It’s been an interesting month, and as with all new things, it feels like it’s been longer than that. There are so many things that I could write about in reflecting on the time I’ve spent in the Eagle Eye Institute that it’s hard to know where to begin.


It has been such a joy to develop the beautiful friendships I now enjoy with the ladies of the Eagle Eye Institute. We are all so different in our personalities and yet, here we are, striving to discover the Lord’s will together. Each of us has particular gifts to offer this year and even in this last month, it’s been wonderful to see them in action.

I’ve finally gotten used to the schedule a little. And by that I mean that my stomach has stopped growling during Adoration, which is right before dinner. Looking at the daily life of the Eagle Eye Institute, I can’t help but marvel at what a gift this year is. I am called to live a day that is rooted in prayer, and am given the opportunity again and again to run into the arms of the Father who is waiting to receive me. In token, He is waiting me to return my love through remaining faithful to the spiritual regime. I’m not going to lie, it’s not easy. I often have to dash out the door with mismatched shoes, and disheveled hair from failing to respond to my alarm clock in the mornings. I also struggle to remain alert and attentive during our evening Holy Hour, which is code for: sometimes the Divine Surgeon has to put me under for an operation… or I just can’t stay awake. Personally I hope that it’s the Lord’s doing, but since I’m not exactly St. Therese yet, it mightn’t be the case.


The classes have also been a supreme delight in my daily life. Each teacher has his own style, which I find fascinating. The truths that they present and guide us to understand are building blocks for life. I am better equipped to understand my experiences through the 15 different classes I am taking. I need to begin typing up my notes soon, and once I begin, I hope to offer snippits of the classes here, but that’s only if I can organize my notes and my thoughts well enough.


All in all it has been a beautiful beginning to what I hope to be a fruitful year for the Holy Spirit to work in my life. Pray for me, know that I’m praying for you. If anyone has specific prayer intentions, let me know via e-mail or comment and I’ll be sure to pray for you and, if you like, offer the petition to the Contemplative Sisters to pray for as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment