Sunday, May 8, 2011

Godmother


I have been a Godmother for almost two years now. It's hard to believe that baby Judah now eats everything in sight, climbs whatever he pleases, and is full of spunky personality.

My sister-in-law is always so good about allowing me to be a part of her growing family. Last Mother's Day I received a card from Judah, which was such a sweet and beautiful gesture. This year, Ruth Ann made a video from Judah to me. I've watched it probably twenty times this evening.

The thing that struck me most about the video was how much my heart leaps at the sight of my Godchild. I love all of my nephews, but Judah has truly captured my heart.

How beautiful the gift of being a godparent is. I not only get to be Judah's Aunt, but I get to have a personal interest in his spiritual growth. He's already holier than I'll ever be. He loves to pray and go to Mass, he is in awe of Father, and every once in a while delights us with an impersonation of Father when he prays with his hands outstretched. You can learn a lot from the faith of a child.

My darling Judah, I hope that I will always encourage you to love Jesus radically.
Joe and Ruth Ann, thank you for giving me the opportunity to be such a part of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment