Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Video Workmanship

In one week I recorded and edited the video and audio for 2 Promotional Videos for Eagle Eye and the Saint John Summer Conference. It was only by the grace of God that they are both now finished. If things hadn’t lined up just as they did I would still be trying to finish the videos.

Sunday

  • Meeting with Fr. Joseph Mary to approve the St. John Commercial
  • Fr. Antoine came back from a trip and I caught him after lunch: he would be leaving again the next day. He had 20 minutes he could give me that afternoon. –Shot video of Fr. Antoine
  • Editing=syncing audio, selecting clips

Monday

  • Create a Scratch Track of the songs so that when Br. Gabriel Maria and Graceanne came to play, they could have something to work with
  • Shot video of Graceanne
  • Erin was running late for her interview which gave me time to then work with Graceanne on the violin melodies.
  • Shot video of Erin
  • Editing=syncing audio, selecting clips

Tuesday

  • Shot video of Fr. Nathan in the morning
  • Shot video of Fr. Joseph Mary
  • Br. Gabriel Maria had Chapter Meeting canceled from his schedule so he could come and begin recording with me!
  • Shot video of Becca
  • 1st attempt of shooting my shots
  • Ran into Jenny Witt at the Young Adult Formation Session and asked if it would be possible to have a group of students come out for the end shot of the Summer Conference Video and a group just HAPPENED to be coming the next day to say their consecration to Mary
  • Editing=syncing audio to video, selecting video clips, syncing layers of audio and mixing them down for Graceanne.

Wednesday

  • Shot video of Ignacio
  • Shot video of Fr. Joseph Mary, Comment 2
  • Finished recording with Br. Gabriel Maria, thanks to someone else cooking for him that day!!
  • Shot video of the people walking in the field. Graceanne went to fetch them, and said, “Mary Needs you” after their consecration, so it was rather ironic as well as well-timed.
  • Shot video of Shane
  • Editing=tried to sync jimbey to guitar but fell asleep, so instead I synced audio from the video to the clips and selected the video clips

Thursday

  • Finished mixing Br. Gabriel Maria’s audio so I could get the songs to Graceanne to practice with
  • I lost an entire chord exchange in one of the songs, so I walked away and made cookies, when I came back I timed the gap out and then later found the missing chords. St. Anthony does it again!
  • Separated the clips from the original Eagle Eye video so I could use them as stand ins until I can shoot some new clips
  • Shot video of me
  • Editing=audio mixdown, video sync, spacing out times

Friday

  • Took the computer in the car with me to work on the way to Wisconsin
  • 6 hour car ride
  • Finished the 2:00 commercial of the St. John Summer Conference in 3 hours
  • Got a good start on the video of Eagle Eye, but my computer kept crashing

Saturday

  • In between crashes I was able to get the video the way I wanted it
  • Discovered that the whole time I’d been using Premier Pro I’d been skipping a very important step in order to keep the program running smoothly
  • Fixed the problems and got to a final product in 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment