Thursday, April 15, 2010

Holy Saturday

Holy Saturday is a day of anticipation of the Easter Vigil. Christ has been laid in the tomb, and as such has been removed from the tabernacle. If you've never done this, I encourage you to spend some time in your Church on Holy Saturday, when the tabernacle stands open. To put yourself in the tomb with Christ and spend some time in silent anticipation.

Living with the Community of St. John afforded me the gift of spending two hours in the Chapel, living the mystery of Christ's entombment. Throughout the Triduum, Christ called me into the deep. I had become achingly aware that Christ didn't want part of me, he wants all of me, and he died for all of me.

To spend time waiting with him, I was caught up in my own anticipation and an inexplicable hope. I know Christ will wash me clean and heal me of all those things I've been holding onto. Those things that are "too big" to hand to him. I was given the desire to allow him to carry those things to the Father and be free once more. For the first time in years I was able to look at the new day in hope.

My hope is found in the victory of the Cross. Lord carry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment